Our services are uniquely designed to help families coordinate their multiple forms of capital using a holistic and collaborative team approach that combines the many elements inherent to a successful life with wealth. We believe a dedicated team of independent and objective professionals working in concert with each other and the family is the best way to serve families of significant wealth. Such a relationship can foster customized advice inclusive of a family's own unique situations to allow better, educated decisions.
Compound’s family office services are tailored for each family to meet their own unique needs, including developing, presenting, reviewing, and/or implementing advice related to the family’s financial and non-financial capital. Such services generally include a combination of the following: investment advice, the management of information, coordination with the family’s other key advisors, estate, gift and trust planning, tax planning, financial planning, philanthropic planning, governance and education, coordinating trust administration, consolidated reporting, asset protection, risk and liquidity management.
- Investment Advisory Services – Assessment of proper risk tolerance and specific requirements or constraints on the portfolio. Includes development of asset allocation, ongoing portfolio management, and review including selection and evaluation of investment managers. Further, includes the presentation of customized performance reporting at the portfolio level and also further down to the manager or specific investment level.
- Information Management and Coordination – Organization of key information and the coordination of such information with the family, the family’s accountant, attorney, insurance agents, and other key advisors.
- Estate, Gift & Trust Planning – Includes explanation, summaries, and illustrations of existing and proposed estate planning documents and strategies. Includes recommendations and education on additional strategies, considerations for making updates periodically and further coordination with family’s tax and legal advisor(s) to implement agreed upon strategies or updates.
- Income Tax Planning – Includes planning for the minimization of tax including asset location, tax loss harvesting and gain minimization planning, charitable asset selection, facilitation of income tax payments and coordination with family’s tax advisor(s).
- Financial Planning – Includes planning related to cash flow analysis, capital sufficiency modeling, lifestyle goals, credit usage, major asset purchases or liquidations, and significant life events.
- Philanthropic Planning – Includes defining philanthropic goals, education on philanthropic vehicles and strategies for maximizing the benefits of philanthropy across the family and the organizations they choose to benefit.
- Education – Includes both individual and group-based learning sessions around various planning, tax, investment and other topics with an intention of growing not only the family’s financial capital, but non-financial capital as well. These topics while commonly focused on younger generations are generally available across all generations.
- Governance – Includes facilitation of family meetings often across multiple generations around shared ownership, philanthropy, decision making or shared goals and objectives. Provides a structured forum for growth of a family’s non-financial capital.
- Assistance with Trust Administration – Includes advice around trustee selection and ongoing guidance, general understanding of trust purposes and provisions. Often involves education for grantors, trustees, and beneficiaries on their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Consolidated Reporting Services – Allows the family to customize how their assets are reported by offering a view across multiple accounts or entities in a single statement and/or to segregate assets within accounts. This service may include assets not generally managed by Compound such as closely-held private family assets. Allows the family and their advisors to understand and monitor the total family balance sheet and provide comprehensive and integrated advice from a vantage point inclusive of the family’s entire wealth landscape. This may require an additional fee depending on the nature and complexity of the non-managed assets being reported on. Any additional fees will be mutually agreed to in advance.
- Asset Protection Planning and Review – Includes review and discussion of strategies that may avoid or minimize a portion of a family’s balance sheet at risk. These strategies will be evaluated on the benefits they may provide against the degree and likelihood of loss and the complexity and administration they may require to achieve such protections.
- Liability Risk Management Planning and Review – Includes advice on a combination of mitigation strategies including the use of special purpose entities, trusts and/or various insurance tools. We will review the family’s assets and liabilities to determine: location, titling and ownership structure. We will review existing or proposed policies and, after receiving your permission, we may facilitate reviews with unaffiliated third-party professionals. Compound does not receive compensation for recommending or placing insurance nor do we receive compensation from such third parties with whom we may involve to review your situation.
- Estate Tax Liquidity Planning and Review –Includes determination of estate tax liquidity needs and determination of potential liquidity sources including asset liquidations and life insurance. We will review existing or proposed policies and, after receiving your permission, we may facilitate reviews with unaffiliated third-party professionals. Compound does not receive compensation for recommending or placing insurance nor do we receive compensation from such third parties with whom we may involve to review your situation.
Note: Information related to tax and legal consequences that is provided as part of our family office services is for informative purposes only and should not be considered tax or legal advice or a substitute for tax or legal advice. Families are instructed to contact their tax or legal advisors for personalized advice.